Friday, July 2, 2010

Showered!

So, last post I said that I would write about what it feels like to have a bridal shower. I can tell you that it's the greatest feeling in the whole wide world. There's nothing more heartwarming than having your closest friends, family friends and family gathered to spend an afternoon with you. It was so good to catch-up, and let's be honest - eat cake. My best friend Jec-Jec and her mom (who is like my 2nd Mom) put on the shower and what a sight it was! The venue, Willow Oaks, never looked better - from the flowers, to the colors, to the cake to the food, to the treats scattered around and just the thought and love and time and effort they put into it - I was in tears from the moment I arrived. I was just so touched by the obvious outpouring of love and support for my and Mike's upcoming wedding. And boy did we get showered with gifts. Oh good lordy. Everyone was beyond generous. We got so much. My heart just swells with the love. There aren't enough words to show my gratitude for the shower that was thrown. It was just perfect from start to finish. Such a fond, lovely memory that I will have forever.

Also, I can now update you and tell you what it feels like to be wedding ring owners - freaking awesome. What a great reality it is when you finally get those rings. We bought them today and took them home with us - they will reside in our safe deposit box until the big day. They are going to look so good on. Mike chose a white gold band with a brushed thick center part and some shiny detail on the sides. Since my engagement ring is so insanely sparkly I chose a curved band that will hug the rings curves but has no diamonds. It looks amazing. I can't wait to wear it forever and let the world know that I am married to an amazing man.

In other bridal land news ... My first dress fitting is Saturday, July 10 (eek!!!). My bridal portrait is set for Tuesday, September 21 at 5:30pm. These two dates alone have me oozing with joy and happiness. I can't wait!!

No comments: