Monday, November 16, 2009

The Men Folk

So, it takes two to get married, no? And the groom and his men are equally important, no? So, lets devote this blog to introducing them. All who are reading this probably know my fiance - Mike. He's pretty great. And has more patience than I could ever muster up. And is super caring and thoughtful and just all around fantastic - he will no doubt make the best husband on the face of the earth. That kind of glowing endorsement requires some pretty great guys standing up there with him on his big day. So, in no particular order, here are his groomsmen:

Justin - Best Man, he's Mike's best friend and lives in Canandaigua, New York, he's also engaged and will be married next October! (confession: I had to look at the wedding spreadsheet to find the exact spelling of that city)
Brett - Groomsman, he's a mutual friend of ours and is the beau of my Maid of Honor - Jessica! Fun fact: He took over Mike's lease when Mike moved to suburbia.
John - Groomsman, he's the older of my two younger brothers and lives here in Virginia
Michael - Groomsman, he's the younger of my two younger brothers and is going to VCU here in Richmond
Chris - Groomsman, is a dear friend of Mike's and lives in Maryland - I haven't met him yet and from what I have heard about him, I can't wait to meet him.
George - Groomsman, a true Southern gentleman! He worked with Mike at the Federal Reserve and is a true blue - he lives here in Richmond as well.
Jesse - Groomsman, is Mike's brother-in-law. His wife is Kathy, Mike's sister who is a bridesmaid. They are also from Upstate New York near Canandaigua.
Lovie - Ring Bearer, is my cute little man and by the time of the wedding, will know just enough about the day to know that he too is the star of the show. Hopefully, we'll have left the terrible two's behind us by then.

The festivities are right around the corner! These next few weeks we are going to start the task of nailing down photographers - which should be quite the chore in and of itself. And an expensive chore at that!

I'll post more info as I accomplish things - love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: your search for a photographer (which was achingly painful for me because my favorites and first choices were already booked) - a friend of mine in VA used Hyon Smith and loved him. His photos are GORGEOUS and I think he worked with her about negotiating a package for her wedding day. Just thought I'd pass that along! :) Can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks!

Angela Duni Parker said...

Oh dahling! Thank you for the tip! We are both pretty clueless on photographers and which ones are good around here. I've found one guy so far - Mike Topham and he's available on the 6th. So we're going to meet with him after the housewarming, hopefully. But I'll look into the Hyon Smith guy. We are open to any and all suggestions at this point! Your pictures look great - You guys are so cute. I can't wait to see you either!!