Thursday, September 2, 2010

Invitation Time!

Now that the invitations are in it's time to start the addressing process. As I was mentioning on my friend Meghan's wall on Facebook, I typically have great handwriting. I mean, I have been in enough boring meetings, car rides and on enough long phone calls to have practiced getting it perfect. However, when it came to addressing these things it's like my handwriting barfed all over the envelop. Actually. It's not THAT horrible looking, but it's certainly not as good as I would've liked them to look. I think Mom is going to be doing a majority of them, and I will be doing assembly and reading the addresses off to her. A task which I am much better at ... and penmanship isn't a necessity.

This past weekend my lovely cousin, and bridesmaid (!!) Ally and my Aunt Susie (her Mom), threw me a beautiful shower in Chestertown, MD. It's about 30 minutes outside of Annapolis. It was at a yacht/country club that is local to the area and it was right on the water and just all around gorgeous. What helped was that we had perfect weather and great company. The New Jersey contingent from my Dad's side of the family came down and it was just delightful to spend time with my family, who we don't get to see too often. I also got to spend time with Ally and Aunt Susie and Ally's daughter Cora, who took on the role of Mistress of Ceremonies, and did a great job! Since it was a bit of a trip, the guys got to come too .. and were able to share the day with us after the gifts were all opened. (During the shower they hung out by and in the pool.) Boy did we get showered! We got so many lovely wonderful presents. We really feel honored and loved and have a lot to be thankful for this year. It's a great feeling throwing our old stuff out (if it's in bad shape or if it's OK donating it) and replacing it with what will be our new life together :)

Later that evening we went into Downtown Annapolis for dinner. The dinner was OK but what was really fantastic was the city of Annapolis. It's definitely a place I'd love to go back and spend a weekend. Quaint, beautiful, on the water ... all the makings of a great time. Some of the restaurants looked really superb. All I really need for a relaxing weekend is to be near water of some sort ... and Annapolis delivered!

So there you have my Fodors review of Annapolis - a must see if you can!

Looking forward to the 65 days we have left until The Big Day!! Can't wait to see you all there!

Up next ... FINAL dress fitting on September 8, and the Bridal Portrait on September 21!! A truly remarkable day that I get to share with my dear friend Leah's Birthday, Nanny & Pop's engagement anniversary and my Aunt Patty's Birthday as well. That right there is the makings a special moment that I'll always remember.

1 comment:

LeahBear said...

Aw, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and things are coming together. I kind of love Annapolis - it is SO cute!

Thanks for the birthday shout-out. :)

LOVE!