Saturday, December 12, 2009

One Year

So, today is our One Year Anniversary, and boy what a year it's been. Yesterday, was the first time Mike and I met. Since we met on Match.com the "find-out-if-your-a-psycho-or-not" meet and greet happened on our lunch hour at a mexican restaurant called...Mexico. As our lunch date was nearing to a close he asked me on a date for the following night - and I excitedly said yes. And before the year was up I said yes to another very important question - which leads us to this blog.

I feel so lucky that we were able to find each other - even if we had to resort to the internets to do so. Even though we were living in the same city, went to the same Richmond hot-spots and like the same kinds of food - I'm confident we wouldn't have met each other had it not been for good-ole Match.

What's most important to me is how well he gets along with Lovie, my family and friends. As the years have passed and boyfriends have come and gone - those three groups of people are the ones who mean the most to me and their approval was critical. He passed their test with flying colors.

Today is also the five year anniversary of my cousin Michael's passing. Today is a mixture of emotions - sad for obvious reasons and happy for other obvious reasons. But I feel very strongly that Michael played a part in helping me find Mike. He's my guardian angel and from the birth of Lovie to my now engagement - he's been there every step of the way to make sure all went according to His plan.

I feel blessed to have both Michael's in my life - protecting and guiding every step of the way.

1 comment:

Leenie said...

Wow, I didn't realize that you guys only met a year ago or that you met on Match.com. It looks like you are following in my footsteps. So far my married life has been really great so you have nothing but wonderful times ahead!!!